Better Control. Fewer Lows*.
With a System that Takes Action
- Hypoglycemia can be a burden to your patients and your practice
- 57% of patients experience hypoglycemia at least once per night1
- 74% of Patients with type 1 diabetes often adjust their insulin dose due to a fear of hypoglycemia1
- This can prevent them from meeting their A1C goals
- 47.5% of people with diabetes do not achieve their A1C goals 2
- SmartGuard™ technology can suspend insulin delivery for up to two hours, giving patients time to recover.
- It steps in and takes action for your patients if their sensor glucose values reach a preset limit, and they don’t respond to alerts.
- Exclusive to MiniMed, SmartGuard™ technology is proven to reduce the time spent low.
- MiniMed integrated insulin pump and continuous glucose monitoring system can diminish your patients’ fears and positively impact their A1C goals. It can give them the confidence they need to succeed and to live their exceptional lives.
1 Raju B, Arbelaez AM, Breckenridge SM, Cryer PE. Nocturnal hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetes: an assessment of preventive bedtime treatments. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91(6):2087-2092.
2 Casagrande SS, JE Frandkin, SH Saydah et al. The Prevalence of Meeting A1C, Blood Pressure and LDL Goals Among People with Diabetes 1988-2010. Diabetes Care 36:2271–2279, 2013.