- Compare the efficacy and safety of pump therapy and multiple injection therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes who had failed to respond to a basal-bolus regimen after active insulin titration.
- Between-group difference in mean change in A1C from baseline to 6 months.
- Δ Pump A1C - Δ MDI A1C.
- Subjects: 331 adult patients randomized (35-75 years old)
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: 36 international centers
- Results delivered with MiniMed® insulin pump
- Insulin-taking patients with type 2 diabetes on MDI (>3 injections/day)
- 8.0% ≤ A1C ≤ 12.0%
- Insulin dose: 0.7-1.8 units/kg/day
- Mean SMBG ≥ 2.5 times/day